On QuinPin, people share content or information to collectively build knowledge and community within a Group. Occasionally, some contributions discourage others from participating in Groups on QuinPin. QuinPin has minimal guidelines site-wide for what content is permitted in Groups and Group admins may decide to set more restrictive policies. Group names, descriptions, details, icons, cover photos, Group privacy or content that violates any of the below categories will be removed. QuinPin generally moderates individual content items, but repeated or serious violations may result in the removal of the entire Group.
Hate speech is a serious attack on a group or individual based on their race, ethnicity, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, age, sex, religion, medical condition, or disability. QuinPin prohibits the use of slurs in a disparaging way and calling for violence, exclusion, or segregation of protected classes.
Some examples are:
- The use of offensive racial slurs
- The use of slurs based on someone’s sexual orientation.
Some examples of harassment are:
- Creating a Group for the sole purpose of disparaging an individual
- Repetitive harassing behavior towards an individual, whether that behavior is public, through private messages, or through the edit log, and includes encouraging others to engage in such behavior.
- Discouraging others from using QuinPin by being dismissive of their contributions. For example: “Why don’t you use Google for these kinds of questions?”, “Your questions are not worthy of QuinPin.”, “You talk like an idiot.”
- Posting nonconsensual sexual imagery or text featuring a specific person
Some users may find certain terms to be offensive, but we will not take action against every instance unless it is against QuinPin’s policy.
Communicating intent to cause physical harm to others is considered a serious threat of violence and is not permitted. Some examples are:
- Threats to public safety
- Inappropriately promoting violence that may occur now or in the future
- Stating intent to join a terrorist group
- Promoting cruelty towards animals either directly or by using language that glorifies the activity
Discussions on topics like bomb threats, mass shootings, and workplace violence are allowed but glorifying them is prohibited on QuinPin. Content glorifying self-harm including suicide and encouraging others to harm themselves is not permitted.
Sexual exploitation and abuse
Sexually explicit or suggestive imagery or writing involving children and animals is not permitted.
Some examples are:
- Content describing different ways to coerce minors into sexual interaction with non-minors
- Descriptions by non-minors of getting away with sexual interaction with minors
- Soliciting or exchanging sexually explicit images involving minors
Sexually explicit content involving adults which appears to be non-consensual is also prohibited. Groups that function as a place for exchanging sexually explicit images of minors will be removed even if the images are being exchanged off the platform. Sexually explicit content in Groups that are directed towards minors (ages 13-17) is not permitted.
Prohibited images in icons and cover images
Adult content and graphically violent images in Group icons and cover photos are not permitted.
Sexually explicit content
Do not post adult content in non-adult Groups. Adult content is only allowed in Groups that are tagged as ‘Adult’. Admins can mark a Group as Adult from their Group Settings page. Additionally, QuinPin Moderation may tag a Group as Adult if it meets certain criteria, for example, when a Group is about an adult topic or it contains several posts that meet QuinPin’s definition of adult content.
Examples of prohibited behavior:
- posting porn in a non-adult Group
- posting sexual imagery (ex. sexually explicit cartoons, GIFs) in a non-adult group
- graphic description of a sexual act in a non-adult Group
Repeated violations of this policy may lead to an edit-block or permanent ban of the account.
The following are not allowed:
- Selling illegal products, services, or technology such as escort services, prostitution, or illegal drugs.
- Selling weapons or controlled substances.
- Promoting illegal streaming links or websites, get-rich-quick schemes, miraculous improvements such as rapid weight loss programs, scams like advance-fee scams, unofficial password or account recovery services, or hacking services.
- Coordinated inauthentic activity such as vote manipulation.
- Posting deceptive or malicious links on QuinPin, including ones that mimic QuinPin UI that direct users to unexpected websites.
- Posting the same content repeatedly, or sending the same messages repeatedly.
- Doing any of the following for the purpose of driving traffic to an external site or for monetary gain:
- Posting irrelevant answers or comments.
- Editing existing questions to include links or irrelevant information.
Content that is created with the intent of spreading false or misleading information about certain topics is prohibited. Some examples are:
- False or misleading information about vaccines
- Holocaust denial
Impersonation is pretending to be someone else or falsely posing as a brand and is prohibited on QuinPin.
Copyright infringement is against our Terms of Service. Learn more about our Copyright policy.
Sharing certain private information without the permission of the person to whom it belongs is not permitted. Some examples of personal information covered by this include:
- Street address
- Physical location
- Identity documents such as government-issued IDs
- Social security numbers
- Financial account information
- Credit card details
- Medical records
- Biometric data
Using the QuinPin brand/logo
Using the QuinPin brand name or logo (or variations) of it in Group titles, icons or cover photos is not permitted unless it is an official QuinPin Group, owned and endorsed by the company.
Targeting underage users
Per our Terms of Service, use of the QuinPin Platform by anyone under 13 years of age is prohibited. Any Group that is exclusively for people under 13 years of age will be removed. If a Group targets users of varying ages and explicitly includes people under 13 years of age, the Group owner will be warned and given a limited amount of time to change the Group name, description, or rules to exclude people under 13 years of age. If the Group is not updated within the stipulated time, the Group will be removed.
For more information on how QuinPin Moderation decides whether to restrict or remove Groups and Group content, please see: Why was my Group/Group content restricted?